Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

What I will or won't do in 2012.



I managed to bring the new year in with a bang. Now that I've fully recovered,  it's time to think about what I will or will not change.

1. I will stop considering my bed and Joel Olsteen's or T. D Jakes' broadcasts my church home. (Get off my hind part and find a church to show Mary's Little Baby some love.)

2. Keep the negative energy at bay. Remove I can't from my vocabulary bank.

3. Learn how to keep plants alive. My crib looks like a plant hospice.

4. Stop allowing myself to be hoodwinked and bamboozled by my children when it comes to school projects.  There's a fine line between assistance and "just let me do it."

5. Read and review a new book every week.

6. Stop obsessing over finding the M.O.M.D. (I just want to be able to walk down the aisle without the aid of a walker, that's all.)

7. Stop destroying meals because blogging/blog stalking is my current addiction. (The black-eye peas are still good. Just don't scrape the bottom of the pot.)

8. Plan two trips this year. One for me and my lil homies (sons) and one for me and my crew.

9. Stop telling myself that size 12/14 is the new size 6/8. Either do something about it or recognize my "thick girl swag."

That's pretty much it.  Anything beyond this list would be a bunch of tomfoolery.

Happy New Year!


No comments: