Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Grass Stains and Holey Jeans Are Da Bomb

While performing one of the many menial tasks that help define my whole being, laundry, I ran across something I haven't seen in a long while. A big ole grass stain and small hole on my 10-year old's jeans. Holl-a-lu-yer!

I am not ashamed to say that everyone in my entire household (three people) are slaves to electronic devices.  Between the three gaming consoles, XBox live parties and PC gaming, my boys are glued to one spot most of the day.  Oh, I cannot exclude myself at all. I'm totally attached to my laptop due to Facebooking, Twittin', Tumblring and my two newest addictions, Pinterest and Netflix.

Now, I'm not saying that we never leave the house; but oftentimes, when we do get out to interact with the outside world, the littlest one reminds me that he has a party to go to and his friends will be waiting. Not live, in the flesh kids, but his friends in London, Boston and  Austin.  So imagine my excitement when I found evidence that my child actually went out into the daylight and got his physical activity on.

With this little eye-opening discovery, I've decided to add another item to my 2012 "To Do" list, find an outdoor family activity every week (weather permitting). I'm sure my 15-year old will jump with delight at this one.  Well, he loves to hang out with us of course.

(His reaction... poor thang)

1 comment:

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

Good old fashion playing is a lost art! Inside is so interesting, but I'm glad your son found his way back outside. :) I love being outdoors and I'm thinking of joining an adult kickball team just to have a planned activity. That gif. is hilarious!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)