Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Red Meat Isn't Good For You Anyway

Hamburgers by m.mate
Hamburgers, a photo by m.mate on Flickr.

So, I have been obsessing over this whole "cooking from scratch" pledge I've declared and I have to say so far, not so good.

I made up my mind that Sunday was going to be the day I tackled my red meat issues. But after waking up at 3:30am to report to work at 5am on Saturday morning then deciding to go get "loose with some Grey Goose" Saturday night AND clocking in a few more hours Sunday at the J-O-B, it didn't seem so appealing.

Not wanting to let my "dog" tiredness be an excuse, I decided to forgo the Burger King drive-thru and make some homemade hamburgers.

OK, first of all, I've done this before. I don't know if I have selective amnesia or what, but apparently somewhere between me forming patties, placing them on the George Foreman and putting the burgers together something went wrong.

My children took one bite of their burgers, politely placed them back on their plates and unapologetically told me they were nasty. Needless to say, dinner ended up being a mix between hot dogs and ham sandwiches.

I am thinking if I can't get a burger right, then what chance do I have of cooking a juicy steak? I see "veganism" in our future.

No comments: