Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Facing Reality

Last night as I was trying to find everything under the moon to do in order to avoid doing the inevitable, homework, I started to ask myself a very important question. (I talk to myself quite often, you see, because I always say what I want to hear.) What do I really want to do with the rest of my life?

At my age (whatever you guess is right, but I'm sure I posted it on here somewhere before) you think I would have this figured out. You want to know why I don't? Because I wanted to do everything at one time or another. I have pursued every career known to man at.  I have enrolled in every type of school from court reporting to film/movie classes (actually completed a "production assistant" course where I later found myself as a errand running/script copying girl..sorry I quit that one) And don't get me started on the amount of times I have enrolled in 4-year universities and community colleges.

Call it a midlife crisis or feeling like I'm stuck in a rut, but I decided to take some time this weekend and evaluate my current dreams and goals. How realistic are they? Is there really a job out there that will pay me to sit under a big palm tree while reading my favorite books and sipping on mojitos?

I think we all may feel like this at one time in our life or maybe you have your dream career, but it doesn't hurt to re-evaluate every now and again. I think it's never to late to start over or re-invent yourself, just have to put your (my) mind to it.

No comments: