Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

There May Be Hope In The "Triple D" After All?


source



I'm not sure about this one, but while doing my daily blog lurking I found an article titled "Atlanta ranked best city to find a date in 2012" posted on thegrio.com. I did a double take complete with eye-roll because word on the street is the mighty ATL is not the most "single-black-female-who-would-like-to-date-a-straight-brotha" friendly city. I then wondered, what qualified as a "date?" ** insert side-eye**

You can find the original article on TheDailyBeast.com which lists the 25 cities us single folk are most likely to find a good date night. Well, looky-looky, guess what city made its way on to the list ranking number 19? Dallas "D-F-dub" Texas. Now I understand that the good people at The Daily Beast did their research and based their information on a bunch of stats that some of us could really give a rat's ass about, but I beg to differ.

As a single, black and yes, admit-tingly sometimes fed-up, black female who has considered Dallas my permanent home for the last six years, I can't see this with a high-powered flashlight on a sunny day. Date nights are so rare among the ladies in my crew; that when one of us get asked out, we are dancing around like we are in the "Can You Feel a Brand New Day?" scene in the Wiz. It seems most of the guys in this city  have more "divatude" then we do, so we have to ask them out. I know that's supposed to be part of the whole "go after what you want" mentality, but I'm not feeling it.

As a result of this disappointment, many ladies are either burying themselves deep into The Word hoping the Lord will send their M.O.M.D (Man of My Dreams) to their door step, considering mixing some vanilla with their chocolate or searching for love in other cities via dating websites, looking up old high school/college boyfriends on Facebook, prison pen pals, etc. (just kidding)

So, can somebody please help me and tell me where I can find one of these dates?

M.O.M.D Search 2012 still in effect.


No comments: