Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Whole "Finding Love Online" Situation

If you've read my earlier posts, then you realize that I'm searching (yes, I said searching) for the man of my dreams, M.O.M.D. Although, it's only been a few weeks since I've declared 2012 the year of the M.O.M.D, it's not looking too good. So, I'm contemplating whether I should tread the murky waters of online dating again.

The thing about online dating is that it is fun and a good time when you start, then about a week into it you start to feel like you're browsing the "Wal-mart of love." (well, maybe that's just me) You start seeing the same profiles over and over of guys you wouldn't even consider talking to in person , then you start to get nervous because you haven't connected with anyone yet and look at those same pictures thinking, "well, he may not be so bad after all."  Trust me, if your first instinct was to pass that person over, do just that.  The good Lord gave you a conscience for a reason.

I really am pro-online dating for any "single" (and I stress SINGLE) person; however, I am really nervous about trying it for the third time. Could it be because at my very first meet-and-greet a few years back, the guy had to show me his "house arrest" device because he couldn't stay out after a certain time?  No, I still kept trying after that.  Maybe it was the over 35-year old man who told me that his mama said it was okay if I wanted to come by and watch movies, because she was going to stay in her room all night.  Nope, I still held on to a little hope.  Oh wait, the nervousness may be due to the guy who was obsessed with Usher and actually knew how many tattoos he had.  Dude couldn't pull his eyes away from the screen when an Usher video came on.  I have another one. Hold on to your lacefronts. What about a guy, career military fella mind you, who decides to send me a picture of himself on the toilet with the subject line stating, "King of the Throne?" (An image I'm still trying to delete from my memory bank.)

So, you can understand why I'm a little hesitant, but I keep hearing all of these positive stories about people meeting their husbands and wives online so the interest is still there. (Plus there's this ball coming up and I need a date.)

Well, I will keep you posted if I decide to hit the web again, but for now I'll just meet my "crazy" in person.

No comments: