Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Channeling My Goddess of Domestication

Fresh from the Oven by Meadaura
Fresh from the Oven, a photo by Meadaura on Flickr.

(Disclaimer: I have been watching way too many cooking shows..so this came about.)

My life is basically drama free. I have no serious worries except for the general issues like the next election, will Olivia and Harry Connick Jr's character on Law and Order SVU hit it off and my demise while still being labled as "never married." Besides those things, nothing else.

With that being said; when there's nothing to worry about, I worry that there is something I should be worrying about. So tapping the craziness within, I find something. What has me in a tizzy these days? Cooking for my grandchildren.

Now my sons are only 10 and 15, mind you, but I'm worried that when they go off and find some hussy to marry, that I won't be the grandparent to host the fabulous holiday dinner that most grandma's are known for. They will never call me to bake a cake from scratch because they are the bomb-diggity. My grandchildren will look at me with sadness as they cry out "chicken nuggets again, granny?!" I was never that mother who cooked fabulous meals or baked cakes and pies from scratch. It's time for that to change.

So, I figure I have a good 15 or so years (hopefully longer) before the kids start producing kids and this will give me time to learn and burn. I am going to make every attempt to cook and bake from scratch from now on.

Week one: (which will start Sunday, because much like the diet I have been on for the past 15 years, it doesn't make sense to start in the middle of the week)

Tackling my fear of cooking red meat.

I will keep you posted.

No comments: