Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Being Fit Not Your Thing? Not A Good Look.



Disclaimer: After reading and hearing about Paula "The Queen of Cheese and Butter" Deen's Diabetes Type 2 diagnosis, I think it's time that most of us realize you can't eat deep fried, buttered down, dipped in frosting, drowned in brown gravy type foods all of our life. This is one of those wake-up call posts.

I am declaring this week the official start of my war on fat.  This would be my fiftyleventh time, but I plan to get 'er done. No excuses. If you are tired of justifying your size to people who really don't give a damn what your excuses are, won't you decide to do the same?  If you are tired of taking 10-15 minutes to find a parking spot because you "don't want to walk too far," get off your behind and start moving.

Maybe you find yourself talking about what you are going to eat for dinner and you are still eating lunch. Well, it's time to change your behavior.  If you find yourself wandering around the kitchen in the middle of the night like a zombie looking for cookies, you need to get it together? (oh, that's just me?)  If you think they are making bar stools smaller and smaller these days, it's not true, your arse is getting bigger. (I'm the only one on that one too, oh.)

So, step back from the buffet, delete all of those fast food deal emails you signed up for and decide to add some extra years to the end of your life.

**getting off of my high horse now***











3 comments:

mauishopgirl said...

Me too! It'll be my fiftymillionth time but I've done it before and can do it again! I love healthy food but somehow stress brings back the drivethru. Good luck!

Ann said...

Me three!!! I am totally ashamed at the way I ate today! Love your entertaining writing! I think I had one of those zombie cookie episodes last night! Can we start tomorrow?!!!

Unknown said...

I am a gnats hair away from jumping on the wagon with you. I've changed my eating habits for the past 2 weeks. Made some huge changes. Feel better but I have to get up and get rid of the jiggles. I have way too many jiggles.