Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pariah


It's been around for a minute, but I really feel like I need to help spread the word about this movie. I figured if I'm just discovering it, then there's a bunch of other folks out there in the dark.  Now, I'm not giving it a shout out because it's a film written and directed by a black woman and starring a black woman, but because it appears the acting is Oscar worthy.  Bump that, NAACP, BET Honors and (insert other Black awards show here) worthy.  I plan to check this film out as soon as possible.  If you are able to check your judgement and/or superiority complex at the door, then please do the same.

Check out the trailer.  Adepero Oduye plays the lead character, who also received a mention from Meryl Streep at the Golden Globes, and Kim Wayans flips the script on us.





Click here for more information and to find a movie house near you.

No comments: