Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Stacy Adams and Stilettos

Woke up this morning (ahem, afternoon) and thought to myself, "why not blog about my social scene as a single mom?" Not a bad idea, so here we go.

Last night, after a suggestion from a friend, I managed to make my way to an "old head" spot on the Sunny South Side of Dallas, The Blues Palace. I never been there, but heard it was a good time. $10 to get in and B.Y.O.B, but they do supply the ice, juice, etc.

Here's the scene. (Note to self: It's time to upgrade the phone.)
I mean it's no Harpo's Juke Joint, but I can dig it.
I think old guy in black is security.


I didn't B.Y.O.B, but found myself with a cup of "good spirits." I spotted two older fellas standing by the "bar that never was" with a brand new bottle,  pretended I didn't know the club did not serve liquor, flashed a big smile and here's what they offered "baby girl." 

Courvoisier Rose'

This little outing did not get me any closer to my M.O.M.D, but I was able to shake my shimmy for a little bit and get in some good laughs. Can't find anything wrong with that. 

Well let's see what New Year's Eve night has to bring. 





No comments: