Pages

Sunday, December 25, 2011

There's a Problem on the Dance Floor

In the midst of this holiday season, I have discovered a reoccurring problem at a few of the functions I've had the pleasure of attending. It seems many of us have not quite grasped the steps of a very important dance that has spread across this nation. The Wobble. Many of you may find this hard to believe, but there are quite a few ladies (and guys) who just can't seem to follow along and it really just disrupts the flow of things. 

Now I know some of you aren't able to get out to the club (the hole-in-the wall, sugar shack or whatever) because you may be working extra hours, can't find a baby sitter or just not into that scene anymore. However, it is important that you learn this dance in the event you find yourself in a social setting where this song may be played continuously. Nothing pains me more than to see ladies scurrying off the dance floor because this song is starting or staying on the floor and killing everybody else's flow. 

So, I have taken the liberty to post an instructional video found on YouTube. Please take a few minutes out of your day to follow along and I'm sure you will be ready to roll come next function. 



Now for those of you that sprint off the dance floor when the Michael Jackson Slide is played, here's a video for you. This line dance has been around for a minute, but many of us are still challenged in this area as well. (I like this video in particular because I just think ole boy is too smooth.) 



There are a plethora of line dances across this nation, but I selected the two that are most popular at the functions I attend. If you are having trouble with a particular dance exclusive to your area, YouTube is your friend. Please log on and practice. There shall be "no parking on the dance floor" from now on. (Yea, I went there.) 



Dueces! 

No comments: