Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

If You Don't Know...You Better Ask Somebody



Ok..so here it is. Time for me to be the hard-ass that I claim to be and face the music. Since I have now declared 2012 the year of the M.O.M.D (Man of My Dreams), I am going to challenge myself to look inward and outward and change some things around if need be. Oh, and document it all here for the world to see.

So, in my previous post I mentioned that I asked my sisters to tell me what they think may be keeping me from securing my future spouse. Well The Three Degrees (let's make it the Awesome Foursome if I include my mama) had a whole lot to say. I know I said don't sugarcoat it but ummm...they went straight raw!

By the way, I shared this list of, dare I say, flaws with a friend at work and he cosigned with the quickness. (Note to self: do not speak to said coworker for the next month). On the other hand another coworker, who I now consider one of my bff's, said I was pretty (but in the same statement declared that something must be wrong with me if I don't have a man. The pretty overrode that though).

I am now going to share a remixed version of the issues I seem to have but not without a few arguments along the way. Alrighty then:

Numero Uno: Your bubbly personality is great but most men don't gravitate towards your "sarcasm".  
***insert pregnant pause***


2. I've seen men stop and make it known they want to "holla" at you but your posture (arms folded, rolling eyes, looking them up and down, and sometimes giving the cold shoulder) is not approachable. I've seen you give all men a hard time not just the "lemons" that approach in the club. It was like you had a wall up and that's no fun. I mean just because the man has on a tight shirt it doesn't mean he's a scrub..(he don't have anybody to tell him better than that.) .. ( Ok, I'll admit to this one.. but this is usually before the Grey  Goose..which will be addressed next)


3. The Grey Goose has helped you miss out on a few decent men. Its a turnoff to good single men..and a turn on for the losers...  (Now I have to go to Happy Hour without being happy? Oh, so now I'm supposed to just eat buffalo wings and sip on a fruity drink..hmph!)


4. You've been asked  several times throughout the years "what are you looking for?" and I don't think you know yet. I think until you finally settle on what it is that you want from a man(reasonably) you will forever be looking around... (So...a man that looks like Darren Sharper, has the swag of Jay-Z, can sing like Luther Vandross and know how to cook too much to ask for? Really?)


5. Here's another one...I think your standards are waaaay to high. Have you noticed that if you are wearing high heels that you are taller than the average man?? What I mean is I've seen you put them down for height (shortness) but if you are wearing platforms or heels....they are probably taller than you...  (You see, but that's the issue I want him to be taller than me with the 4" & up heels on...I don't see a problem here.)


6. Shall I say "pessimism". I know you meet guys..but I've also heard how you try to analyze their every word and their every action. Why do you do that? it makes you sound bitter. Not everybody you meet is crazy, desperate, or homeless.... like that poor guy who went over seas...you could've kept in touch via email or whatever and set friendship up for him to come back home to. Think about it...he aint got that many options with that lazy eye of his....  (I am still searching my memory bank for the "lazy eye" guy...who was that?! Oh, and blame the other issue on the influx of "down low brothas." Just one too many blinks of the eyes and case closed.)


7.  Lastly, I think you are testing every guy you meet to be your husband which is a bad thing to do...that takes time and most times the man will choose the woman he wants to be his wife.... (Now, I think I have a good argument here. At this point in my life as a never married woman shouldn't I be sizing up every fella I meet to see if he's marriage material? I'm just saying?)






There were a few other issues that apparently needed to be addressed, like changing up my hairstyle, put on my pretty face and stop dressing like a stagehand everyday (so the t-shirt, jeans and knock-off Uggs are not a good look?..hmm).  I made a promise to them and myself that I will definitely put my best foot forward from now on. 


So, M.O.M.D Challenge 2012 (for which I am the only participant) has officially started. Please feel free to start your own or if you know someone who can benefit from a little intervention, have them stop on by. 


I don't mind if yall leave a comment or two..that's what the link is for.


Holla!





photo credit: http://flic.kr/p/7m2sTv










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clear liquor can make a woman mean after a certain point in her life, so watch it while doing your MOMD thing!