Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Let's Just Keep It Real.



I'm new to this whole blogging world and for the past few days I've been struggling with what to write about. Should I keep it cute and funny? Will anybody really care to read what I write about? (well, that still remains to be seen). Will my blogs just sit out there in the blogger universe without one view? blah, blah, blah.

Now, my main objective was to be about motherhood and the trials and tribulations we go through. I will  focus on that the most because that's basically my entire knowledge base, I've been one for the past 15 years. However, I've been restraining myself from talking about what's really on my mind, our (or mainly mine) "manlessness" (yea, I just made it up, and what?)

I find myself in many-a-conversations (daily, mind you) with my girlfriends, coworkers or whoever's willing to listen about "why we don't have a man?" or "what do I have to do find a decent guy?" You know, the normal dribble. Most, well all, of the conversations end with us shaking our heads and throwing up our hands looking exasperated, frustrated and discombobulated because as much as we hate to admit it, we really don't know.

I can't speak for everybody, but it's obvious that I need to do a little self-discovery to figure out why my current situation is as bleak as it is. I'm not afraid or embarrassed to admit it, hell, that's half the problem. Most of us think we are "da business" just the way we are and will say in a heartbeat, "if a man wants me, he's just gonna have to accept me for me!"  Well, boo boo, I'm here to tell you, it's time to take two steps back and step into the real world. Not every man is going to accept you for you and the foolishness that you may do.

Now this may not be for the ladies who have the "Me-Phi-Me" syndrome or riding on that scripture stating "He who hath findeth a wife, findeth a good thing ..." (I really don't know it, but that should be close) Well, he hath not foundeth me yet. I will be 4-0 next year and it's time to nip this tomfoolery in the bud.

So, with that being said. I asked my sisters (which all three are in relationships..yes I said all) to tell me why they think I don't have a man/husband and don't sugarcoat it. We can all read the Steve Harvey books, watch Oprah's Life Class and all of that, but who knows you better than your family. Well, they did just what I asked, and ummm... . I need some time to process this information, but will definitely clue you in.

**begins to pour glass of Moscato**

Until next time...

 Loves in your face.  ~Martin Payne

No comments: