Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Time to Put Up or Shut Up

I am a little ashamed to say this, but I've never been a homeowner. I have managed to live in a plethora of apartment complexes, duplexes or every other -exes you can think of, but never really took home ownership seriously. The closest I've ever been to investing in my own home are my daily entries into the HGTV Dream Home Sweepstakes or Publisher's Clearing House.

Thanks to my obsession with House Hunters on HGTV, every now and again I get what I call the "home buying fever." This is when I search all over the internet looking for a house I think I can afford in the area I want to be in, but I do all of that without any real planning. I never once tried to contact a lender or real estate agency because I usually talk myself out of it.

But I told myself Twenty-twelve is going to be different. How long will I suffer through the smell of other people's dinners before I get off my tail and get the ball rolling? When will I realize that I am in the Dallas area to stay and will not be swept off my feet by my dream man to live on the beach somewhere? (yall know I got husband finding issues) I decided that time is now. I signed up for a First Time Homebuyer's class which is in a couple of weeks and is vowing to show up this time.

Now it's time to start putting my money (or lack thereof) where my mouth is.

No comments: