Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

It's Not Right, But It's Okay

Whitney Houston cancels her Europe trip because of illness
source


Like many people around this world, my heart is a little heavy today after hearing of the passing of Whitney Houston.  I tried to explain to my son why her death is affecting me in such a way, but just couldn't put into words.  Maybe it's because she was the songbird whose career I had the pleasure of following from the very beginning.  I don't know. Maybe it's because she made the high pitch notes, low pitch notes and all of those in between seem so effortless. It could be because she was such an "around the way girl" and international diva at the same time. 

I was only 13 when the video "You Give Good Love"  appeared across the t.v screen, but I remember becoming one of her biggest fans from then on.  Beautiful smile and a beautiful voice, what more could we ask for. I was never able to get a copy of her first album, the Whitney Houston LP; but when her second record dropped, I was on it.  I would listen to both sides of that record with enclosed lyrics in hand until I knew every song. 

I wasn't ready for Whitney to go, but I understand.


No comments: