Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

That Reality Check Can Be a Beeyotch!

I was having a nice little chat with a decent fella last night which led into a conversation about age. He couldn't believe how old I was, (because I'm so fabulous, of course) and it just hit him like a brick that he was turning 35. Which is still a "babe in the woods" age, but he sort of pondered off for a minute like he was about to head straight into a mid-life crisis. When he sorta came to said "35! (insert F-bomb)"

Yea, my brother, the age process is something we have to go through. You can't stop getting older, fight it, but can't stop it.

I, myself, had the big reality moment last year before I decided to start blogging. I mentioned before that I was a chronic school enroller. I couldn't (and still can't) make up my mind as to what I wanted to do when I grew up. It then hit me like a weapon of mass destruction that I was grown up. (If 39 is not grown up, then help me Lord!) I was so busy trying to decide what career path I should pursue, that the years flew right on by. Maybe I should teach. No, wait, nursing school. Nah, let's try a degree in computer information systems. Aw hell, forget all of that, get a degree in general studies and go for my masters. (Yea, that's going to happen.) In a two years, my oldest child will be on his own journey into adulthood. What are we going to do, be college roomates? (which would just kill him)

I then realized that I am fortunate to be where I am right here and right now. No, I can't go out here and drop a stack of bills on a travel agent's desk and go on a month's long tour of Europe or drop into Nieman's and pick up a little something to throw on; but I can get around without the aid of somone else, have sustained a roof over my little homies' and I heads and we eat (oh boy, we can definitely get our grub on).

So, excuse me while I embrace "my" reality, because from this moment on it's all about "letting go and letting it flow." Feel free to do the same.

No comments: