Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Excuse Me?!


source


"I see what your problem is. You are not compliant."

(Whenever I hear the word compliant I think of Number 5 from the movie Short Circuit. That's why I chose that picture.)

Did I mention I was back in the crazy, clown-filled, murky waters of on-line dating again? Oh, well yea. A Saturday or so ago when I had one too many glasses of Cupcake Angel Food Cake wine, I decided to stop thinking about doing it again and signed up.  How's it going?  Let's just put it this way, I should've kept on thinking. It is "ridonkulous!" 

I just recall my last experiences being  more enjoyable. I sign up, post a photo and start receiving a stream of messages from international players telling me how beautiful I am, poems that are sent to every woman on the site but tailored fit for you, invitations to go on cruises with 70+ year old men... but this time, it's a little more serious.  These men are not playing. They are frustrated, have been scorned and don't have time for us angry, black women. (one brother actually wrote that last part on his profile. "If you are an angry, black woman, do NOT contact me.) Hilarious.

Anyway, although I was completely turned off from the whole on-line experience after my first few days, I decided to give my cell number to two of the guys who seemed to be pretty decent. The first one, I think I literally dozed off during our conversation. Then the second one called. The one who inspired this post. This fool, who doesn't know me from a hole in the ground, told me I will never find a man because I am not compliant. I thought he was joking. Ha Ha. No ha ha, he was serious. 

Since I did not want to answer questions that I thought were too invasive for a first time conversation, his "wittle bitty" feelings were hurt and he got all defensive. A 45-year old fireman who described himself at "strong and fun to be around," couldn't handle the word "no."  He's not the only one. It seems this new "metrosexual" man of the new millenneum thinks he can ask a woman anything that pops in his head and we are supposed to answer because we are so lucky that we were selected to be in his presence. No, it doesn't work that way.  It's one thing to be curious and another to be down right disrespectful. A woman has a right to refuse topics of conversation without being labled as mean, cold or a bitch.

I really want to keep my blog a positive place, so I won't venture off into the trials and tribulations of the black woman/ black man dating scene at this time. Just had to share. Enjoy your Friday.

(hmph! Compliant? I will show yo a$$ compliant.)

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

Sorry to hear about your online dating misadventures. It sounds like the guy who wanted you to be compliant already had imagined you as being barefoot, pregnant, and... well, you know the rest.

I've had good and bad experiences with the online dating thing. The guy you talked about who warned angry black women not to contact him reminds me of many of the profiles I've seen. I can't count the number of women who put in their profile something along the lines of "cheaters and liars need not apply". Like a cheater and a liar is going to admit this is who they are! Although I've taken a break for now, I'll probably be back.

Hang in there. Hopefully things will turn around for you. :-)