Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Biggest Loser "Funky Cold Medina" Edition - Epic Fail

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but I was the initiator and instigator of a weight loss competition at da j-o-b. There was a financial incentive to be won. It started back in January and ended yesterday. I started off strong. Was talking a bunch of smack, as only I can, to my coworkers and just knew the greenbacks would be mine at the end.

That didn't even happen captain.

I get on the treadmill and eat "correctly" for about two weeks then someone asks, "Are you losing weight?"  For some reason, that question always leads to my backsliding and I start to think I look like this:


source
Now,  I know I don't look like that in the real world, but all it takes is one decent compliment and I give the treadmill the side-eye when I pass by.

Well, I have a chance to redeem myself. We are starting round 2 which I have titled "Beach Body" biggest loser and we raised the amount cash to be won.

Here's my plan:
8 - 10 glasses of water a day. No matter what.
Workout 5 days a week (early a.m) - No excuses!
Treat cookies and ice cream as if they are loaded with crack. No allowances until I complete a 12 step program for junk food junkies.

I figure this will help me get back on the wagon.

If you can load me up with some other tips, feel free. (especially if they advise me how to lose 10 pounds a week and develop a 6 pack in a month. Keep dreaming, you say?)

1 comment:

Debbi said...

I got nothin' in the way of advice, but I'm going to subscribe to the comments to see if anyone else pops up with something I haven't already tried. Which is everything. heh.