Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Have You Seen Her? (Putting Myself on Blast)

Well, today is the first day of part 2 of the Biggest Loser Challenge at the job. I did manage to get a little jump start on Saturday evening by walking for an hour, but topped the weekend off with movie theater popcorn and pork chops. So, there's that.

Here we are at day one. I decided to try something new by searching on-line for inspirational pictures to keep me motivated ( i.e., photos of celebrities who pay thousands of dollars a year to keep it tight). Since that is a tab bit unrealistic, I just decided to pull up some old photos of myself from 5 years ago when I was a regular walker and non-lover of fast food, snack cakes and didn't drink sugar laced coffee every morning.

You see what had happened was, I had a big wake-up call back in mid to late 2006. I was on a sorta, kinda weight loss thang back in 2005 then the whole Katrina brouhaha ensued and I made my way to the DF-dub. If I wasn't trying to figure out if I was going to stay in Dallas or not, I was probably eating. When one day, I realized I was about 5 pounds less than mi papa. Oh hell to the naw! I started walking 5 days-a-week followed by free weights every morning, immediately.

I went from here:

I can't believe I'm posting this...Vegas August 2006 



To here:
early 2007 maybe. 4 dress sizes down.
2007.. started going downhill from here, but I was still 6 dress sizes down.
I got hired at my current job and it all went downhill from there. The walking workouts went from 5 days-a-week to 1 or 2 days-a-week to nothing.  Picked up a pack of cookies and never put them back down. Before you know it, the 40 pounds I lost had done crept back up on me. Give or take 5 pounds. 

I am now here:

Friday, March 2nd..I am 2 sizes away from the first pic ...sorry for the graininess


I can live with it, but my midsection done extremely overlapped and in my mind, with the size of my arms I look like I should be playing fullback for the New Orleans Saints. Since I plan on hitting up a couple of water parks with the kids this summer, we can't have this. 

So there you have it. My own inspiration board. I didn't use pictures of Beyonce', Janet or Toni Braxton (you see where I'm going with this? Whose abs and legs I would kill for.) Just found some pics of plain ole me to prove to myself that the excuses are some b.s. 

Operation Fit by Forty is in full effect. Let's do this!


1 comment:

Debbi said...

Your beauty comes in all sizes! What a great grin. You can be fit by 40 and I'll keep working on fit by 50, er, 60, er 61, er 62!