Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

One Is The Magic Number?

The number 1 by WarmSleepy
The number 1, a photo by WarmSleepy on Flickr.

Let me first start off by saying that I'm so happy that a new week has started I could jump up and kiss myself. Twice. I've had one of those weeks with a whole bunch of somethings goings on and a bunch of nothing accomplished. But it's all good.

Let's recap the Fasting/Detox/Kept-Me-Hungry-As-A-Beast diet I dropped out of at record speed. I just knew I could last 10 days and drop the "20" pounds I was supposed to be able to lose, but when that baked chicken I prepared for the kids Wednesday night called out to me like Celie called for Nettie... I knew it was over. So, I'm starting this new fitness week on the right foot (well, minus the cold fried chicken and slices of bacon I ate for breakfast) by hitting the treadmill for 30 extra minutes a day this week and NO cookies.

Ok..now, let's get down to the real reason I was called to post something today. There's no shame in my game and nothing but pride in my stride, so it does not bother me one bit to admit that I am not an "online dating" success story. And I don't think I will ever be because of the tomfoolery and craziness that draw to me like magnets and I'm the fridge. I do not look for them. I do not exude these things, but they find me.

From this last go round in the world of digital love, I have managed to talk to a guy who advised me that he wanted to leave his scent in my sheets. Never even saw the guy. One guy owned a "Male Grooming Service" which I could never get the full details about, but they or he offers massages, so I just thought I would get out that situation swiftly. Ummm.. an older, retired gentleman who sent me messages constantly requesting he take me out for a dinner of pork chops. Yea, he was 73 years old. No, I decline.

But the one who really frightened me and has now depleted any faith or willingness I had to leave the world of online love open to possibility let down the gauntlet on Friday night. He brought the world of "down low" men to my doorstep, or cell phone because we never met. He revealed his "other side" while in a drunken state. I really thank Mary's Little Baby for that one though because I dodged a serious bullet. But just being that close to one of my greatest fears left me shaken and discombobulated.

Let me make this clear. This is nothing against the LGBT community..do what you do. This is my fear of the "straight" guys who like to dibble and dabble every now and again with other men and act like they don't. Say dude, you can keep that shit. So yea, I was just faced with the reality that the down low man is out there and they are out to get us. No joke.

This has led me to think that being single ain't so bad after all. Hell, I enjoy my own company, you know what I'm saying? What law is there that says we HAVE to be in a relationship? None. I got my kids. I got my books. And I have my Netflix and wine.. life is good.

(Now, I just have to tell myself that over and over and I will begin to believe it)

Dueces and Tre's

No comments: