Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 3 - I Should Never Smoke Crack.


source


(I do not mean to offend anyone whose ever suffered with or suffering with addiction. It's just the random foolishness that goes around in my head being brought to the light)

I am now convinced that I do not have one ounce of willpower. I was doing so well yesterday. I ate apples, drank my tea and honey and water and ate collard greens (without meat) for lunch and it was all good in the hood.  Hit the treadmill and thought about how I was going to blog about my new found love of honey. How it is now considered my miracle food because it seems to curb the need for sugary sweets like the devilish honey bun, then I got home. I was like a crackhead revisiting a crack house for the first time after rehab.

The urge didn't start until I put the baked chicken I prepared for the kids in the oven. I was eating my bland dinner and drinking water thinking I could make it through the night until that chicken came out of the oven. The amount of euphoria and joy I experienced when I decided to "just have a little taste" of the crispy, hot chicken cannot be explained by mere words. I not only ate that piece of chicken with the ferociousness of Mustafa, but I went on and made myself my version of a Mexican pizza (which is just whole wheat tortilla, cheese, jalapeno peppers, tomatoes and chicken..oh, and cilantro thrown in the oven. Simple but so delicioso)

As I ate this I thought I should never try crack or any drug for that matter, because if I can't wean myself off food, how in the hell would I expect to let go of the crack rock?

And yes, the fasting/quick weight loss b.s is over. I will just have to drop this 20 pounds the old fashioned way. Bump that starvation mess because I likes to eat!

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

I'm sorry to hear you fell off the wagon food-wise. At least you have a sense of humor about it. Best wishes in climbing back on the wagon and losing those stubborn lbs.