Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Just Keep Writing... (In my Dory voice)

Find it here


I'm a recovering book hoarder. It is really hard for me to part with any form of publication to be honest with you. I just recently got rid of a slew of paperback novels along with three year's worth of Essence magazines and you would've sworn I was giving up my last birthed child.

Anywho, I managed to hang on to a couple of my favorite books by my favorite authors (nobody puts J. California Cooper in the giveaway box...NOBODY!) plus a few back issues of Fitness magazine that I swear I'm going to read once I start going "beast mode" with this weight loss. (I have a year's worth of issues. An entire year.)

I say all that to say this: I found the book that I purchased about 8 or so years ago that I swore was going to help me write the novel of all novels, Jerry Cleaver's Immediate Fiction. That dream I've been holding onto since I was in the 5th grade writing short stories about my imaginary break dancing, boom box carrying boyfriend and I would finally come to fruition.  Well, being that I have those procrastination issues and a big habit of starting something without finishing, it found it's way in the pile of "I will do it one day."  I think today might be the day. The urge to write has been bearing weight on me for a couple of weeks now and I think it's time to get this party started.

So.. I placed upon myself a goal. One chapter a week and all exercises completed.

Found this on Pinterest:





Let's do this.

No comments: