Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Time Well Spent. Not!

This week is the first week I'm experiencing life without a nine-to-five. I finally have some time to really think about what I want to do with the rest of my life. Some deep soul-searching if you will.

Yesterday I managed to to practice the art of procrastination from the time I dropped the boys off at school until it was time to pick them up. I picked up my copy of Immediate Fiction by Jerry Cleaver (which I swear is going to help me become the greatest writer I swear I'm going to be) but after glancing over a few pages I remembered I had a quite a few events to enter on my new addictive past time Covet Fashion. Then I remembered I didn't harvest my wheat on the other game app I mistakenly added to my Kindle, Township. Combine those two games and a marathon of Gotham and The Mysteries of Laura on Hulu and there you have my entire "work" day in a nutshell.

So after yesterday's activities, I have decided to get off my arse and figure this thing out.  I have decided from this day forward to immerse myself in the world of literature. Do my research. Familiarize myself with authors I admire. Organize my own work. Bring my stories from their hiding place and actually work on them.  Lastly, as much as I fear what the aftermath may entail, remove the distracting apps from my Kindle. (My hands are literally shaking at the thought. Seriously)

So true.


What tips do you have to make sure you stay on track to meet your goals?

No comments: