Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2014

What's the Deal?

I am finding myself increasingly perturbed with folks' reactions to my family and I moving back to New Orleans from Dallas.

Now, I don't expect everyone to cartwheel around the room or high-five me every time I mention it, but could I at least get a "wish you the best" or "I'm happy for you?" It appears everyone's first reaction is "why?!"  It's like Hurricane Katrina happened 9 days ago instead of 9 years ago. Yes, New Orleans still needs some improvement (and a Genghis Grill), but it ain't exactly some war torn country where folks are fighting for rations everyday. There are people working, going to school and loving life just as good or if not better than the rest of the world.

So with that being said, the next time somebody gives me that "aw poor you" look or feels the need to remind me why every other city in this U.S of A is better than New Orleans, for them I say this....





9 more days and counting.

#NewOrleans #504 #lovemycity

Shantel




No comments: