Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Fattened Up and Sent Out to Pasture

source

I told myself I wasn't going to blog about anything personal, but who the hell am I fooling.?  I can't help but put my business on blast, it's just what I do. So..with that being said, let me go on ahead and explain the meaning behind the title of today's post.

I started seeing someone.  He wasn't my normal "type," whatever that means, but we hit it off right away. Long story short, I was having such a good time that I totally forgot about the few pounds I lost and they happily found their way back to my waistline and more.

Well, I got two gifts for Christmas from my "guy."  I received a nice little gift bag one day and the whole "It's not you, it's me" speech the next. He also threw in the line "You will make someone a good wife one day, but I'm not ready for all that." That was like handing me a plate full of light, fluffy flapjacks then pouring motor oil on top. What the hell am I supposed to do with that b.s?!

But I digress, I said I wasn't going to harp on the whole dissolution of my recent partnership, but I can't help but be a little perturbed that I allowed myself to commit one of the cordial dating sins (if there is such a thing); forget about my weight loss because some fella showed me a little attention.

Now.. I refuse to make a New Year's resolution about weight loss, but I will definitely give it my all in attempting to, thinking about, considering dropping these few pounds one ounce at a time. 

Peace.

No comments: