Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Few Charley Horses later...

I'm well on my way to achieving what I believe is my ultimate foxiness. I done threw up the dueces to ten pounds already, my pants are looser and I find myself saying things like "Oh. I didn't know I had a mole right there." Too much?  Anywho, I am very proud of myself for sticking with my 45- minute/3 mile treadmill workout (because that's the only thing I will stick with) which I do 5 days-a-week and sometimes on Saturday.

Well, now that I'm feeling all Marion Jones-like; I decided to raise the bar a little. (and by bar, I mean the incline on the treadmill) That incline definitely makes a helluva difference. While I didn't feel it right away, I had a rude awakening a couple of nights in the form of excruciating pain that can only be created by beelzebub himself. The freakin' Charley Horse. I mean really? I was like W.T.F?! Is my leg giving birth to another leg?

It then occurred to me that I wasn't doing the one thing all the exercise know-it-all's tell you to do, stretch. I don't stretch before and I don't stretch after. I just hop my happy ass on the treadmill and start rolling. No warm-up, no nothing. When I'm done, I jump off, wipe down the treadmill, throw my hat on over my sweaty bandana and say "I'll holla" to whoever's in the gym and hit the door.

So.. if I plan to keep this train moving I guess I better stretch-it-out before I work-it-out, because those leg cramps are some b.s. For real.

Check out Claire at about the 1:53 mark

No comments: